Friday, January 29, 2010

Concert Tonight


Tonight I am performing with a brass choir in a concert and I'm a bit nervous about it. It's going to be a great concert. Pieces by Mancini (the guy who wrote the Pink Panther theme), Handel's Queen of Sheba (always a challenge) and then 'A Londoner in New York--made famous by the Philip Jones Brass Ensemble. Of course, being a band geek, I know who that is, but if you don't, just imagine your childhood heros and that accompanying feeling of wanting to be like them.




Anyways, this piece, 'A Londoner in New York', is HARD and I'm nervous about one solo in particular in a part called 'Radio City'. The music is supposed to sound like an old LP record and occasionally the record 'skips' Well, my solo is the skipping part. - insert a funny face here- I've learned that it's hard to skip on purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List