Saturday, November 19, 2011

Books Were Harmed in the Making of This

I've been having a lot of fun reading Kelly Rae Roberts' book "Taking Flight" and trying out her projects and techniques. One of the projects that caught my eye was the one where she uses a vintage book to create a photo frame. It is such a cool idea, especially for someone like me who loves going to second hand book stores. Any excuse to go, really.

I managed to get a pretty good stack of old hardcover books last weekend at one of my favourite secondhand shops, and I've been a busy beaver this week; chopping and cutting up these books to give them a new life (please don't feel sorry for them- they were in their final destination in the shop before heading to the recycling bin).

It was a really fun project to work on and I am loving the results! Below is a picture of one of them, but I made many more of them and you can find them in my shop. I also plan on taking a few of them to a craft sale I am doing December 3.




This is the example that was in Kelly Rae Roberts' book and was the inspiration for my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List