My friend, Pat, made this awesome bean salad a couple of weeks ago. I was so surprised that she pulled out a label from a tin of beans when I asked for the recipe. This recipe is seriously AMAZING and it is my new favourite!
The recipe is from a can of Unico beans.
- 1 can (540mL/19 fl oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced (I use 1/4 of red onion)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine the beans, mango, red peppers and green onions in a bowl
- Whisk together lime juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes
- Add the cilantro and toss lightly
Serves 4-6, or lunch for a week for just you!