Thursday, July 22, 2010

My New Favourite Salad




My friend, Pat, made this awesome bean salad a couple of weeks ago. I was so surprised that she pulled out a label from a tin of beans when I asked for the recipe. This recipe is seriously AMAZING and it is my new favourite!

The recipe is from a can of Unico beans.

Ingredients

  • 1 can (540mL/19 fl oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1 sweet red pepper, diced
  • 2 green onions, sliced (I use 1/4 of red onion)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Instructions

  • Combine the beans, mango, red peppers and green onions in a bowl
  • Whisk together lime juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes
  • Add the cilantro and toss lightly

Serves 4-6, or lunch for a week for just you!

1 comment:

My Blog List