Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9 update

11 am: We had an appointment with the vet Dr Rolf this morning and things went great. His foot was xrayed and it's aligned fairly well so no surgery is needed, just splinting. We are going to hold off on tooth surgery to allow the tooth root to give the jaw structure as it heals. He doesn't have to wear his cone and can hang out in a big dog crate.

4:00pm Batman is chilling in his new crate and seems to be liking it. We've even had a tiny poo! ( don't tell him I told you that, he'll get embarrassed)

9:30pm. Ugh things have turned for the worst. I returned from Starbucks bc my roomate said he was freaking out. He has managed to break his jaw completely and it has shifted over to the left. Omg it looks awful!!!

12am. We are back from an emergency vet run. The vet only took some pics to send to Dr Rolf who is going to call me tomorrow. On the positive side of things, they didn't charge me for the visit or the new cone. I am so sad; I have no idea how to afford this but I don't want to put him down. He's survived so much already and has been pretty good natured about it all. If he was bleeding inside it would be a different story but this is totally fixable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List